I suspect that my child may have been sexually abused. But I am not sure. What can I do?

If you suspect that your child may have been sexually abused, you may wish to consider consulting a mental health professional, such as a counselor, therapist or social worker. Such a person can assist you and your family with ways in which to cope with your feelings about the abuse. Make certain that you seek a health professional who has a background in child development, child trauma and sexual abuse.

Speaking with a mental health professional who specializes in child sexual abuse can help you decide whether your child’s behavior is cause for concern. A specialist can direct you as to how to deal with your child’s challenges, and offer advice on how to communicate with your child. The specialist will likely perform a comprehensive assessment in order to find out how your child functions in all aspects of life.

Other Criminal Defense FAQs:



Contact us today for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. 888-315-9841

Peter Brill is an incredible attorney who knows law! He is a genius and an incredibly thorough attorney who genuinely cares for his clients and is extremely patient and takes his time to explain everything. He is always reachable and has an incredible staff. The Brill Legal group treated me more like family, than just another client. I highly recommend this firm and 5 stars does not properly justify how this firm really is. Thank you for everything!

- I.T.