When should I obtain a lawyer after discovering my child was sexually abused?

Upon learning that your child was sexually abused, you should report the abuse to law enforcement. In addition to filing criminal charges against the perpetrator, you can file a civil suit against the abuser in order to secure damages for your child’s physical and/or emotional injuries.

An experienced lawyer can help you file a civil suit against the abuser, and will likely anticipate the types of questions your child may face from the perpetrator’s attorney. Your child is more likely to prevail in the lawsuit represented by a skilled attorney.

Other Criminal Defense FAQs:



Contact us today for a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. 888-315-9841

Just when I was getting discouraged and was at my wits end trying to find the right attorney for my case, a family member recommended Mr. Brill. He did not disappoint. Mr. Brill and his team are diligent, very professional, encouraging and honest every step of the way. Highly recommended.

- A.S.