New York Teacher Defense Lawyers
Being a teacher in New York is becoming harder and harder each year. With budget cuts, hostile administrators and school boards, adversarial contract negotiations and a rating system that can be used to get rid of good teachers if they speak up for their interests, sometimes you need more than a New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) or United Federation of Teachers (UFT) representative in your corner. At the Brill Legal Group, P.C., we’ve taken on intransigent school boards and aggressive school district attorneys on behalf of our clients, whether they were teachers, school psychologists, speech therapists, teaching assistants or paraprofessionals.
Tenured Teacher Attorneys
Our attorneys handle disciplinary matters involving school personnel in New York City, Nassau and Suffolk counties, and near the northern suburbs of Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange counties, as well. Our dedicated team can advise and defend you in any of the following areas:
- Section 3020–A defense of tenure rights (incompetency, corporal punishment, verbal abuse, etc.)
- Article 75 proceedings
- Article 78 proceedings
- Commissioner of Education appeals
- Discrimination/retaliation/Title VII/ADEA/ADA cases before CCHR/SDHR/EEOC administrative agencies and federal and state courts
- Ineligible inquiry list inquiries
- Medical Bureau inquiries
- Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) hearings
- Office of Special Investigations (OSI) hearings
- Special Commissioner of Investigation (SCI) hearings
- Part 83 state certification proceedings
- PERB proceedings
- Probationary terminations and discontinuances
- Tenure by estoppel issues
- Time and attendance proceedings under state law or the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- U rating appeals
Our team of attorneys has decades of experience representing union members throughout the state. Let us bring our knowledge and passion to bear on your behalf.
Contact our New York City lawyers today to discuss legal representation for teachers. Our disciplinary issues for educators’ lawyers are available to provide an initial no-cost evaluation of the legal issues you may face.
Manhattan 212-233-4141 — Suffolk 631-204-8254 — Nassau 516-206-2002 —East Hampton — 631-204-8254
Toll free 888-315-9841.